Monday, May 2, 2011

Been Busy.

As the title says...I've been incredibly busy this year.  Hence the dramatically lower post frequency.  Even in my free time, I've been less inspired to write.  Which really sucks.  I'm gonna continue to post, for sure, but for the foreseeable future I don't see myself matching the totals made in the previous years.


Anyway, let's take a look at everything on the list.

  • Yakuza 3- The reason why this game has a maybe tacked on is because I'm actually wondering if it might be beyond my ability to give it a proper review.  This is just such a multifaceted game, I'm still pondering what angle would be best to tackle it from, if I were to write about it.  But the bottom line is, it's an excellent game.
  • Dead Space 2- I don't like to make promises of this sort, but this will most likely be the next review I post, unless I hit a breakthrough with Yakuza 3.  It's a very good game, and overall a complete package.  I'm enjoying every second of it.  Extraction only sweetens the pot.
  • The Sims 3- A review of this is forthcoming, I think..I just don't know when.  The deal is, my experience with the Sims franchise has always had more to do with the architectural and interior design aspects.  When I first got the Sims 2 oh so many years ago, sure I dabbled in the family business for a good while, but quickly abandoned it in favor of building lots.  But what with the additions in the Sims 3, it's been the opposite.  While the new building modes look very promising, I've actually settled into nurturing a Sim of my own.  But I recently learned that you can seemingly build entirely neighborhoods with the Beta Create-A-World Tool for the Sims 3, so...yeah.  Sorry, my beloved Sim!  I want to explore both aspects of the game thoroughly before I settle down and score the game, but as anyone who's played these games know, no matter how you play the Sims, it's a big time investment.  And I just don't have that kind of time on my hands these days..so the review is delayed indefinitely.
  • Pokemon: An Intermediate Overview- Hoo boy, I don't know when I'm gonna get around to this.  My HeartGold playthrough has ground to a halt ever since I decided to completely rebuild my team from the ground up and EV train them (as in, from level 1) mid-game.  It's an ambitious task, but I'm determined to see it through.
  • AC Brotherhood (multiplayer)- The chances of me actually posting this are slim, as I don't expect to return to Brotherhood's multiplayer until I decide to platinum the game.  And I don't even know if I'll get around to doing that.
  • Sly Collection- I'm still undecided on how to format it, but a review is definitely coming.  How it's been lately is every few weeks I'll sit down and spend a few hours to completely blow through an episode of Sly 2.  Seeing as I'd like to wait until I'm at least a good way into Sly 3 before I sit down and write a review, maybe I'll have this up by fall time, at the rate I'm going!
  • Dead Space Extraction- Not sure if I'm going to write a post on this.  But it's a great game.  If you have a PS Move, buy it.
  • Genji: Days of the Blade- No, I'm not going to write a post on this..probably.  I'm only playing it because a friend claimed I couldn't get past the first level, because it is poorly designed.
  • Revenge of the Titans!- This game's got charm, but man it's difficult!  I like me some TD though, so I'll get through it eventually.  I don't think I'm gonna do a post on it though.
  • Quarttet!- This is my very first visual novel.  Well, sorta.  I got a couple hours into Fate/Stay Night (just a little bit past the prologue), before my progress just kinda dropped off.  At some point my save file disappeared, too.  I'll get back to it some day, because I think it's a really cool game.  Quarttet, however, is amazingly charming.  I like it a lot.  I haven't finished it yet, though.
  • LittleBigPlanet 2- The truth is, the same thing has happened to me on LBP 2 that happened on the first LBP.  I started a level..and being honest with myself, I'm not sure I'm gonna finish it.
  • Split/Second- As I hope I made clear in my review, I like this game, it's pretty dang fun.  I'm debating whether I'm gonna buy it or not.  At $20-30 it's a good buy.

Anime

  • Amagami SS- Just finished this a couple weeks ago.  Very good show, if it comes here on DVD and/or Blu-ray, I might just pick it up.
  • Karas- A short six-episode stint, Karas is unique, but didn't resonate with me.
  • Corpse Princess- I don't know what it is about this series that I enjoy, but I've fought doggedly to continue obtaining episodes after the fansubs disappeared.  Now that I've gotten the entire series, I plan to watch it all in the coming weeks.
  • Arakawa Under the Bridge- I wasn't expecting much from the show, and indeed at first it was pretty bland.  But it had its moments, and got better in later episodes.  I'm looking forward to the second season, which I just finished downloading.
  • Naruto Shippuuden- I'm not really actively watching this.  I'm on episode..33, I think, and grab new ones every so often.

Next up!

  • Working!- Hoping this will provide my regular comedy fix.  Not sure what to expect from it, but the title seems promising at least!
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion- I tried watching this many moons ago, and it completely bored me to death, so I dropped it.  I don't think I gave it a fair shake though, so I'm watching again.  Than I'll try the movies and see what all the fuss is about.  With Working! and Seiken no Blacksmith as my wingmen, I'm almost prepared to drag myself through this show, if that's what it comes to.
  • ToraDora- I watched the first episode of this a long time ago, it was actually quite entertaining, but I never got around to continuing.  Now I am.
  • Seiken no Blacksmith- Been hearing decent things about this series, so I'm starting it up.  Mainly as an addition to ToraDora, to offset NGE's expected dryness.



So there it is.  I realize it's also getting to be time for that editorial of mine.  It's coming.  When, I don't know.  For now, look forward to my post on Dead Space 2.

No comments: