Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Up and running again


So, I decided to start playing Bastion.  I didn't play it when everyone was raving about it, and it's been leering at me from my Steam library for quite some time now.  What made me decide to play it was that I figured I could blow through it easily enough before Assassin's Creed 3 dropped.

It seems I was right.  On Saturday I put in the game for the first time, and by the end of the day I had already restored all of the Bastion.  Not sure how long this game is, but I feel like I'm already more than halfway done.

I fear all the praise it's gotten may have crept up on me, though.  It's a great game, but I'm slightly befuddled by all the universal acclaim it got last year.  Only slightly, though.

In other news, I've decided to switch back to Snow Leopard from Mountain Lion.  I really don't like Mountain Lion that much (I only like Mission Control).  The problem is that ML appears to have corrupted my laptop all the way down the motherboard (it changes the firmware), so my Time Machine backups aren't functioning properly.  Gonna have to do a full wipe I guess.  In the meantime, my laptop is out of action.

No comments: