Monday, July 16, 2012

New look!



I think this looks decent.  I was struggling with whether to go with a wider layout, or keep the more compact one that I'm used to.  The wider layout would have really brought out the details in the header picture, which is a compelling argument in and of itself because it's a pretty high resolution picture (3600x1500), with lots of little nods.  But in the end I went with a more compact layout.  That way one doesn't have to have their browser maximized just to see the site properly.

Other than the neato header, I also redid all the colors and stuff.

I'm also thinking it's time I revamped the score system.  I hate using the 10 scale, because I will willingly admit that I am of the opinion that there's no point in having ratings below five.  If it's worse than a five it's not worth playing.

Anyway, I'm not really playing anything too exciting at the moment.  I got BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend a week or so ago.  BlazBlue is just about the only fighting game this generation that really resonated with me, so I was happy to upgrade from Calamity Trigger.  Looks like there's a lot of new modes and characters...I haven't really touched on much yet, just been doing some training and network play.  I think my goal is to be at least decent with three characters.  I'm already decent with Noel, now I'd like to learn Makoto and Rachel.

I'm still working my way through Arkham City.  I finished Harley Quinn's Revenge, which was a nice sidetrack.  I've mainly been working my way through NG+, and still slowly chugging through the predator challenges.  Mr. Freeze on Hard is seriously no joke, let me tell you.

No comments: