Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's been a while, Ezio.


I started playing Assassin’s Creed Revelations the other day.  I really loved Assassin’s Creed 2, and enjoyed Brotherhood.  But Revelations…just isn’t doing it for me.  I only played for about 45 minutes though…maybe I just need to get back into the groove of things.

It’s just that, after coming from games like Arkham City, which do a lot of what Revelations does better than Revelations itself, suddenly this latest Assassin’s Creed entry feels super dated.  It doesn’t help that I know I don’t have much to look forward to in regards to new toys.

I don’t know if I’m gonna write a review for it.  I know I won’t score it, because I only intend to go through the singleplayer, as I’ve been meaning to.

In other news, Gamefly has Catherine on sale.  I think I’ll buy it.   I couldn’t afford to when I played it, but that game is really good, and I don’t like letting really good games get away from me.

I also played a little bit of Civilization V last weekend.  I just can’t express how phenomenally addictive that game is.  I already won my scientific victory, now I’m playing the part of the global bouncer, and have started my campaign against Siam, who’ve been bullying just about everyone BUT me (because I’m so much bigger and more prosperous than them).  The plan is to basically leave Siam’s original territory a nuclear wasteland, while liberating the Japanese cities.

If I had known that you could continue playing after winning (I really should have guessed), I would have destroyed Siam a lot sooner.  They were getting too big for their britches.

No comments: